The positioning accuracy of a vertical machining center refers to the azimuth accuracy that can be achieved by the movement of each coordinate axis of the machine tool under the control of the device. The positioning accuracy can also be understood as the motion accuracy of the machine tool. Generally, machine tools are manually fed, and the positioning accuracy is primarily determined by reading errors, while the movement of the machine tool is completed by numerical program instructions.
Therefore, the positioning accuracy is determined by system and mechanical transmission errors. The movement of each moving component of the machine tool is completed under the control of the device, and the accuracy that each moving component can achieve under the control of program instructions directly reflects the accuracy that the processed parts can achieve. Therefore, positioning accuracy is a very important detection content.
The custom brass manufacturers adopts three axes and two linkage, which can generally achieve three axes and three linkage. Some can be controlled with five or six axes. The height of the vertical machining center column is limited, and the processing range for box type workpieces needs to be reduced, which is a disadvantage. But the workpiece clamping and positioning are convenient; The movement trajectory of the cutting tool is easy to observe, the debugging program is convenient for inspection and measurement, and problems can be detected in a timely manner for shutdown or modification; Cooling conditions are easy to establish, and cutting fluid can directly reach the tool and machining surface; The three coordinate axes are in line with the Cartesian coordinate system, which feels intuitive and consistent with the perspective of the pattern. Chip removal and falling are easy to avoid scratching the processed surface. Compared with the corresponding horizontal machining center, it has a simple structure, a smaller footprint, and a lower price.
Vertical machining centers belong to precision equipment, and any poor operating habits of operators can affect the use of the equipment, even affecting its lifespan. Therefore, as users, they must be familiar with the product’s operating procedures before using the equipment. There are some explicitly prohibited points that must be taken seriously. Below, I will list nine things that must not be done in their use.
- 1. It is strictly prohibited to open the CNC system control cabinet without permission for viewing and touching;
- 2. It is strictly prohibited to forcefully tap the control panel or touch the display screen;
- 3. It is strictly prohibited to touch the blade and iron filings with your hands. Iron filings must be cleaned with an iron hook or brush;
- 4. It is strictly prohibited to touch the rotating spindle, workpiece, or other moving parts with hands or any other means;
- 5. It is strictly prohibited to measure workpieces or manually change gears during the processing, and it is not allowed to wipe workpieces with cotton thread or clean the machine tool;
- 6. Attempting operations are strictly prohibited, and it is not allowed to stretch one’s head or hands into the protective door. It is not allowed to open the protective door during the processing;
- 7. It is strictly prohibited to stack any tools, clamps, blades, measuring tools, workpieces, and other debris on the machine tool;
- 8. It is strictly prohibited to change the internal parameters of the machine tool at will, and internship students are not allowed to call or modify other programs that are not written by themselves;
- 9. It is strictly prohibited to strike the workbench, indexing head, fixture, and guide rail.
In addition, before starting the machine tool every time, it is necessary to check whether the electrical sheet metal control system of the machine tool is normal, whether the lubrication system is smooth, and whether the oil quality is good. Sufficient lubricating oil should be added according to the specified requirements, whether the operating handles are correct, whether the workpiece, fixture, and tool are firmly clamped, and whether the coolant is sufficient. Then, idle the machine tool for 3-5 minutes, check whether all transmission components are normal, and confirm * before normal use.