Horizontal lathes mainly use turning tools to turn rotating workpieces. Drills,turning-milling machining reamers, reamers, taps, die and knurling tools can also be used on lathes for corresponding processing.
The following will explain to you the operating procedures of the horizontal lathe:
- 1. Check whether all parts are intact before driving. After starting the cold car, the vertical shaft should be idling at low speed for 2-20 minutes and lubricating oil should be spread everywhere. This is especially important in winter. Wait for the lathe to operate normally before starting work.
- 2. When the working neutral axis needs to change speed, it must stop and change speed.
- 3. In order to ensure the precision of the screw, long screws are not allowed to be used for automatic feeding except for thread milling machining.
- 4. It is not allowed to calibrate the workpiece by knocking on the chuck or the bed guide rail or calibrating the workpiece or tool on the bed.
- 5. When correcting heavier workpieces with pad clamps, wooden boards should be used to protect the bed surface. If the workpiece cannot be removed after get off work, it must be supported by a jack.
- 6. Sharpen the turning tool promptly and correctly after wear.
- 7. When using cutting fluid, please apply lubricating oil on the guide rail in advance. The cutting fluid in the cooling pump should be replaced regularly.
- 8. When the machine tool is operating automatically, the body and hands are not allowed to enter the movement range of the mechanism.
- 9. Processing can only be carried out after confirming that the protective door is safely closed and locked. It is strictly prohibited to open the door during automatic operation.
- 10. The spindle speed must not exceed the limit speed allowed by the chuck. High rotational speed will reduce the clamping force.
- 11. When the chuck is running at high speed, the workpiece must be clamped to prevent the workpiece from being thrown out during operation.
- 12. The workpiece and tool must be clamped firmly and reliably. Improper clamping force will cause the workpiece to fly out and cause casualties.
- 13. Do not overload the cutting when processing the workpiece.
- 14. Do not remove or modify the safety protection devices equipped with machine tools. The machine tool can only be operated when all safety protection devices are functioning properly.
- 15. When the machine tool is installed, repaired or adjusted and tested, it must be carried out by qualified or professional maintenance personnel in accordance with the provisions of the machine tool instruction manual. The power supply must be cut off and locked before repairing.
- 16. After the work is completed, remove the chips and chip fluid on and around the lathe. Wipe the horizontal lathe clean and then add lubricant to the specified parts.
- 17. When you get off work, swing the large trailer to the end of the bed, set each rotating handle to the high position, and turn off the power.