For CNC machine tools, in addition to the most basic lathe hardware and system software, the most frequently used and most important ones are the cutting tools. Tools are important tools in machining and turning. The machining accuracy and quality of the workpiece are closely related to the tools.
For cutting tools, in addition to choosing suitable and good quality cutting tools, you should also pay attention to the installation of cutting tools. Many tool usage problems are mostly due to errors when installing the tool, resulting in the inability to successfully complete the processing of the workpiece.
Generally speaking, in the installation of CNC machine tools, typical problems that often occur are: improper installation position of the tool, unstable installation of the tool, unequal height of the tool tip and the axis of the workpiece. In this article, Bot provides some corresponding solutions for these plastic cnc service problems. Solution, hope it helps.
1. Solution when the tool installation position is improper and the tool installation is not firm.
- (1) When installing the tool, the tool tip should be at the same height as the tool workpiece axis. When rough machining and turning large-diameter workpieces, the tool tip should be slightly higher than the workpiece axis; during finishing, the tool tip should be slightly lower than the workpiece axis, but When finishing contours such as cones and arcs, the tool tip should be strictly elevated with the axis of the workpiece;
- (2) When there is a tool rest or center frame support, in order to make the tool tip press against the workpiece, the tool should be installed appropriately offset to the right to generate a certain radial force; when there is no tool rest or center frame support, the tool should be installed appropriately to the left , so as to make the radial cutting force as small as possible;
- (3) The protruding length of the tool should not be too long to prevent cutting vibration caused by poor stiffness, which may lead to a series of problems such as rough workpiece surface, vibration, and knife stabbing. Therefore, the probing length of the tool should be controlled as much as possible, and the clamping of the tool should be as short as possible while meeting the needs;
- (4) The bottom of the tool holder should be flat. If gaskets are used, they should be flat and the front ends of the gaskets should be aligned. The number of gaskets should generally not exceed 2;
- (5) The tool must be installed firmly. Generally, two screws are used to tighten and fix alternately. After tightening, the height of the tool tip and the axis of the workpiece is checked again;
- (6) When using a machine clamp that can be converted into a tool, the blade and gasket must be wiped clean, and attention must be paid to the appropriate tightening strength when using screws to fix the blade.
2. Problems and solutions for height problems such as tool tip and workpiece axis.
- (1) Generally speaking, when using welded tools, you must consider whether the tool tip is at the same height as the workpiece axis. If conditions permit, it is best to use machine-clamped indexable tools. The tool has high durability and is easy to process. The quality will also be more stable.
- (2) After the tool is used on the machine tool for cnc machining stainless steel, the guide rail will wear and sink, which will reduce the height of the tool holder and make the tool tip lower than the workpiece axis. At this time, regular inspections should be made to prevent the tool tip from being misaligned. .
- (3) To put it simply, to ensure that the tool tip is at the same height as the workpiece axis, you can use the visual inspection method. However, the visual inspection method will be affected by factors such as angle and light and is not very accurate. Therefore, it is only suitable for rough machining of large-diameter workpieces. . If there are precision requirements, it is best to use other more accurate detection methods.