Slant bed CNC machine tools are suitable for processing small and medium-sized shafts and disk parts.What should be considered when formulating the tool path for inclined bed CNC machine tools? They can turn various threads, arcs, cones and rotary surfaces. They are used in plumbing equipment, automobile and motorcycle parts, optical accessories, medical devices, photographic equipment, Communication equipment, bearings, hardware and sanitary ware, lighting and other industries.
The process content of CNC machining is more complicated than that of ordinary machine tools. Since inclined bed CNC machine tools are more expensive than ordinary machine tools, it is not economically feasible to process only simple processes. Therefore, CNC lathes generally organize complex processes, even processes that are difficult to process on ordinary machine tools.
The preparation of CNC lathe processing procedures is more complicated than the preparation of general machine tool process procedures. This is because issues that do not need to be considered in the processing technology of general machine tools, such as the organization of the work steps within the process, the determination of tool setting points, tool changing points, and tool paths, cannot be ignored when compiling the CNC lathe and swiss turned parts processing technology.
The following factors are mainly considered when preparing the tool path for inclined bed CNC machine tools:
- 1. For CNC lathes used for point processing, consideration should be given to shortening the tool path as much as possible to reduce idle time and improve processing efficiency.
- 2. In order to ensure the roughness requirements of the workpiece outline surface after processing, the final outline should be organized for continuous processing in the last pass.
- 3. The path of the tool’s advance and retreat must be carefully considered, and try to avoid stopping the tool at a general location or cutting in and out of the workpiece vertically.
- 4. When milling a closed concave surface, the cut-in or cut-out of the tool is not allowed to extend, and can be selected at the junction of the two sides.
- 5. For the processing of rotating parts, it is crucial to reasonably formulate rough cnc routing.